The Burrell Collection
The Burrell Collection is temporarily closed until 2020 while refurbishment and redisplays take place.
Suggested days out from Glasgow and Edinburgh by train
A must for any visitors to the city of Glasgow. The Collection comprises over 9,000 works of art, antiques, collectibles and sculptures from around the globe. They represent the travels of Sir William and Lady Constance Burrell, who donated the collection to the City of Glasgow in 1944, but for various reasons it was 1983 before a purpose built exhibition centre was opened in the city’s Pollok Park.
Not all the collection is on display at one time, and exhibits change over a period of time. You can enjoy a stroll in the park, or visit the nearby Pollok House Museum. Pollok House has been the home of the Maxwell family since the 13th century, and currently houses a superb collection of Spanish art, furniture, silverware and ceramics. Admission to both venues is free, and a shuttle bus runs between them.
Trains every few minutes from Glasgow Central to Pollokshaws West, it’s then a ten minute walk to the Burrell Collection.
For more information, please click here.